10/14/2014

OMG - I am SUCH a MOM!

On one of those rare occasions when I was given the night off from being a mom, I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich, and poured myself a glass of wine. I looked down at my creation and noticed a couple of things.
1) I cut my sandwich into 4 squares.
2) I poured my wine in a plastic cup - the kind my kid brings home from a restaurant.

Seriously?! Why didn't I just cut the crusts off while I was at it?! And for heaven's sake, I should have put a lid on that cup with a straw so I wouldn't spill on the carpet!


Yep. This is my world. Mommyhood. I takes over. I don't really get a night off - well, at least my brain doesn't! But that's OK. Another moment to reflect about mom stuff - and laugh. I could probably write hundreds of "You Know You're A Mom When . . ." statements, but there are plenty of other moms who have already compiled such great lists.

One such mom-blogger is Lisa-Jo Baker, of Surprised by Motherhood blog. She compiled her own great list which she invited others to share, . . . so here are a dozen highlights;

#2 - A trip to the grocery store alone is your idea of a spontaneous getaway.
#10 - You consider Goldfish crackers a food group.
#13 - You listen to your kids' favorite tunes even when you're driving by yourself.
#24 - You know how badly stepping on a piece of Lego can hurt.
#26 - You have an entire Pinterest board full of crafts you will never get around to actually doing.
#32 - You spend more on carpet cleaning products than make-up.
#50 - Your kisses have magical, healing properties.
#70 - Super Glue is your best friend. So is chocolate.
#71 - Cereal is a breakfast, lunch and dinner kind of food at your house.
#84 - You know the precise shape sandwiches should be cut up into.
#87 - You think you can cut hair.
#91 - You do more multitasking in an average day than than any CEO.

Each of us moms could compile our own list of 100, or more! What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment