1/30/2016

Purr, Purr, Purr - Purr Vibrations

So, as you've noticed, my blogging has has no regular schedule. A lot keeps me from working on it regularly. Things like -
1) Spending time homeschooling, and working on my curriculum materials
2) Juggling all the balls of being a wife and mom (and cat mom)
3) Helping with Sunday School
4) Leading a Girl Scout Troop
5) Trying to re-ignight my artwork
6) Dealing with my health challenges - Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)

My RA is a new diagnosis. I've been spending a LOT of time researching alternative healing methods. I'd prefer to exhaust this route before turning to western medication methods - trying acupuncture, massage, diet, etc. But there was one healing method I almost overlooked. My cats.
Don't get are freaky out on me yet. Anyone whose had cats can likely attest to the fact that cats have a innate ability to pick up on their human's discomfort. Whenever my child is not feeling well or just cranky, a cat comes to her rescue, spending extra cuddling time with her. When I've had a cold or headache, one or both of the cats will spend extra close cuddle time with me near my head. And more recently, one of my cats has taken to sleeping on my chest at night. He lays his head and paws on my shoulder (alternating shoulders). I don't know if it's the warmth, or purring vibrations, but my shoulders often feel less stiff or sore in the morning.
In an infographic on The Healing Power of Cat Purrs, it states, "Cats create purr vibrations within a range of 20-140 Hz, known to be medically therapeutic for many illnesses."

Now, if I could only get each of my cats to sit on my hands each morning . . . um, yeah - that will never happen (without some nips and bites!).

Be well everyone.

1 comment:

  1. nice thing is, they are also warm (their internal temp is around 101) so the heat also helps..

    ReplyDelete